Sunday, September 15, 2013

Inspirational Internet Blogs

Let me welcome you to my world of riding the Mafia Horse (who really isn't a Mafia Horse) and my wonderful life of horses (well maybe not so fabulous, but horses are what throw some life into it). Welcome! My name is Pauline, and if you couldn't tell by my first sentence, I am a horse fanatic. Even though I have a huge love of horses, I'm not obsessed with them. Well actually, I don't know. I don't think I am. I'm not some sort of freak that my only thing in life is horses. Horses aren't the only thing that occupy my life; there's band and homework, too. And that's pretty much most of it.

Just for your information so you aren't totally confused, the Mafia Horse's show name is Dare to Compare, but we call him Gambit or the Mafia Horse.

I'll start myself out by showing you a few blogs that are my inspiration, or role models, for this blog.

The first one is: http://thingsilearnedfrommyhorse.blogspot.com/      

This blog is about a lady named Susan Schreyer and her funny little everyday adventures with her horses and what they teach her. She has some funny posts about relatable topics if you are in the horse world. Of course, you would find a blog like this boring as heck if you weren't into horses because there are some technical terms. Also, the humor is always relating to horses and what would be common sense to a rider. I find this stuff funny because I'm a geek about anything I get into, and this is one thing I am very in to. I hope I can make my blog enjoyable for you to read and not a bore.

Another blog I really like is called Bad Jumping Clinic with George Morris.:  http://www.horsenation.com/2013/09/13/bad-jumping-clinic-with-george-morris-5/

This series is written by a person who goes by the name of Wylie. They are called bad jumping clinics by George Morris, who is a very old professional horseback rider, who went by a lot of old tactics. Quite frankly, he seems very grumpy sometimes. I wouldn't blame him; he is old and trying to keep a sport the same when it is taking ten new pathways. It can be very frustrating, just like trying to explain the internet to grandparents. Wait, sorry, bad comparison.

Anyways, back to the blog. The blog is not written by George Morris, and it's where people submit a picture of them having a really bad fail while jumping, and a lucky three people will get chosen for that week to have their pictures very sarcastically criticized. Sounds like a blast, huh? Ironically, it's a very funny blog, especially to people who actually do the sport. I like the blog because it's well organized, has very funny pictures, and lots of wit poured into it.

Another website I enjoy is: http://horseeventphotography.wordpress.com/

This one is called Pics of You and it's just a blog where a horse photographer takes a lot of photos of people she knows or people at shows she goes to. This blog is a lot of fun for me just to scroll through all of the picture of the beautiful horses and their riders. When seeing some photos, I can store away what I want to look like sometime in my future of riding. This blog inspires me because there are plenty of pictures and descriptions for each ones. I also like it because it's not too technical.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pauline! I'm so glad I found your blog! I can't wait to read it and I hope you're having a great school year so far :)

    ReplyDelete