Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Polar Plunging

Hey y'all, this is the last blog post of the year! So I never did one of the cool poll thingies to ask what I should blog about for my last blog post (actually this probably won't be my last blog post, I'll probably get lonely over the summer so resort back to my friend, the internet), but I actually did have something interesting happen to me this week.

THE POLAR PLUNGE

If you're in my grade or somewhere in high school and you haven't heard about this, you probably live under a bigger rock than I do. No offense or anything. ;) This is a challenge that's kind of gone viral and it's where someone calls you out (someone who already did the challenge) and you have 24 hours or however many specified to go completely submerge yourself in cold water. Then you can pass it on to up to three people, and if those people don't do it, they have to donate money to charity or give you money (I'm not quite sure. I completed the challenge so I didn't discover the consequences).

As lame as this sounds, it was actually a blast. And I think the whole idea is pretty funny and cool. Get it? Nope? Okayyy....

I jumped in this
The day Ashley and I jumped in, it was sunny all day. The funny thing is that we were actually semi-concerned whether or not the water was going to be cold enough. Ha. Ha. Ha. Yeah, there was absolutely nothing to worry about, let me assure you.

So when Ashley and I got to the marina, we thought we were going to jump off the dock like a normal person would do the challenge. But here comes the problem, "What if it's not deep enough?" Well it was a marina, therefore boats came into it and docked there. So of course it was deep enough, but our compromised brains didn't realize that at that moment. Instead of jumping in, we ran in. Yup, cool people, coming through.

So you can imagine us, explaining our names, who we were gonna call out, who we were nominated by, yada, yada, yada, and then us conveniently running awkwardly through ice cold water. Yes, lovely to watch.



You can't really hear me because the wind, so I said, "My name is Pauline Kneller, I'm going to do the cold water challenge. I was nominated by Ashley Farquharson, and I'm calling out Paige Billow, Meredith Lawing, and Sydney Oraskovich.

Well I enjoyed this year of blogging, and I probably will post occasionally, but if you're not going to be checking this page anymore, see you next year (or the rest of this year since it's not over yet, or see you over the summer, or maybe I don't even know you)!

Fun fact about Pauline: I have a new anti-talent: golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment