Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pauline's Key to Destressing

Well it's the end of third quarter here, and I might as well die. There is so much work to be done in so little time. And if you're anything like me (you care about your grades, you won't sleep until every little last thing is done, you are a perfectionist, you have to study for everything, you are a nerd), you are quite familiar with this little thing called stress. And yes, we are all feeling it right now. I'm partially writing this blog for me, partially for whoever is reading this, but I think we all need a de-stresser moment in our lives.

Social Life? How do you Social Life?


Here are some ways I like to de-stress:


1) Gossip Girl: It's great, I curl up with a mug of hot cocoa or tea, and savor the next forty five minutes of overly-dramatic-trying-a-bit-too-hard-tv, but hey I love that show. I try my hardest to forget about what ever auditions, finals, tests, or assignments may be coming up. If you were just gonna sit around and think about your homework and not do it, might as well relax during that time.

2) A good book: Actually I think this should be number one, but I'm too lazy to move it. I'm reading Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (who else), The Perilous Journey by Trenton Lee Stewart, and I'm starting to reread Divergent by Veronica Roth. And these books are necessarily calming books, but what beats a good book? NOTHING! Maybe a cup of hot tea actually.

3) Yoga: Well I've only like tried it once, and it didn't work great for me because I struggle with this condition called L.A.Z.Y. and doing yoga actually requires me to get off the couch, while reading a good book or watching tv doesn't.

YERGAH

4) Calling or texting a friend: Sadly for your poor friends who are already stressed enough, complaining actually does make you feel better because then you realize you are overreacting a tiny little bit, and you are forced to see that it could actually be much much worse, so you are weirdly forced into this tiny bit of comfort from your complaining. I actually might be crazy and you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about.

5) Riding: Well this is probably just me or you fellow horse people out there. Nothing soothes me like a good ride and one-on-one time with my big black, way too fast horse (I love you Gambit!).

6) Did I already say reading?

7) Music: Either playing music or listening to it, when you find a good piece or song, you can just blast full volume and sit back and relax and let music overtake you instead of your stupid teachers.

8) ICE CREAM     Yeahhh, I know where it's at.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! ONE MORE WEEK AND ONE MORE QUARTER!!

1 comment: