Friday, February 28, 2014

Wins, Losses, and Bandapalooza

First off, hey guys! I know I promised a video of me riding, but as mentioned in an earlier post, I lost my video camera, and I still can’t find it. I’m going with the theory that it vanished off the face of this Earth. I apologize.

Bandapalooza

Before I start on this, I’m not even going to try to explain the amount of chaos in this.

Bandapalooza is a giant band concert our band system does, and it starts off with the best band, and we keep adding the bands in until sixth grade. By the time the sixth graders get on, we have like 300 people on stage. It’s a blast. Our song, Gathering of the Ranks of Hebron, I thought, went pretty well. It sounded really good with two bands, instead of just one. I couldn’t hear the Wind Ensemble’s song because Symphonic Band was waiting in the back hallway behind the backstage, and let’s just say, if there were a competition to see how quiet a group of 44 people could be, and 101 groups entered the contest, we would be ranked 102. 

Then the Eighth Grade band got on, and they were pretty good. So all three good bands playing together, it’s pretty magestical. This would be considered a win. Then things went downhill after the second Seventh Grade song. None of us were used to playing in a group of 220 people, so playing just ended up being mass chaos. This would not be considered a win.

Sorry bad quality, but this is us


Other wins

Riding outside in February: My ex racehorse has only one speed (I’m-going-so-fast-that-I-just-cut-off-four-different-people-and-my-poor-rider-is-apologizing-to-every-single-one-of-those-slowpokes-she-doesn’t-understand-the-need-for-speed) and he’s much easier to control when theres actually space. 

Not failing my science test: After Bandapalooza, I had to come home and study for a Biology test the first thing in the morning. I took the test, and it didn’t end up being an epic fail. Well, actually, who knows?


Losses

Losing my video camera, leaving my coat in a friend's car, and playing one of the worst solos I have played in my life.
Losing the state championship hockey game: What else is there to say besides it was a really good and intense game? But we lost. I mean we did go into the third overtime, but we lost in the first minute of it. Everyone was surrounded by our goal, and the goalie lost sight of the puck for less than half the second. Once he found it, you can guess where it was. In the fine netting of our goal. It was really quite disappointing, but good job Park City! It was close and we played well. Until the very end. But we can forget that.
Mayo is from our hockey team

No comments:

Post a Comment